HOME > J-1 Waivers

J-1 Waivers

J-1 Waivers

received 1049464392207337 3

Five Bases for Recommendation of a Waiver
1. No Objection Statement:
Your home country government may issue a No Objection Statement, through its embassy in Washington, DC. The embassy must send the No Objection Statement to the Waiver Review Division. It must state your government has no objection to you not returning to your home country to satisfy the two-year home-country physical presence requirement and no objection to the possibility of you becoming a lawful permanent resident of the United States.
Alternatively, a designated ministry in your home government may issue the No Objection Statement. The ministry would then send it to the U.S. Chief of Mission, Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy within that country. The U.S. Embassy would then forward it to the Waiver Review Division.
Important Notice: U.S. law does not permit foreign medical physicians who acquired exchange visitor (J-1) visa status on or after January 10, 1977, to receive graduate medical education or training to use this option. For more information about the relevant U.S. law, see References – U.S. Laws, number 1.


  • EB-1-1 – Persons of Extraordinary Ability in the arts, sciences, athletics, education, or business
  • EB-1-2 – Outstanding Professors and Researchers
  • EB-1-3 – Multinational Executives and Managers
  • EB-2 – Members of professions with advanced degrees, meaning a Master’s degree or equivalent. Candidates must complete a labor certification process
  • EB-2 (NIW) – Individuals who can show national significance to their skills. Labor Certification process is not a requirement
  • EB-3 – Skilled workers who must complete the labor certification process
  • EB-4 – Religious Workers and Ministers
  • EB-5 – Involves investment of at least $500,000 in a target investment area or at least $1 million in a non-target investment area

Non-Immigrant Visas

  • B1/B2 – Visitors for Business or Pleasure
  • H-1B -Temporary workers in a specialty occupation who have a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
  • L-1 – Managers of multinational companies and specialized knowledge workers
  • E-1/E-2 – Investor nationals of certain countries who have treaties with the U.S
  • E-3 – Certain Specialty Occupational Professional from Australia
  • TN – Special visas for nationals of Canada and Mexico under NAFTA
  • K-1 – Fiancè visas
  • F-1 – Student visas
  • H-2B – Temporary workers not in specialty occupations
  • H-3 – Trainee visas
  • J-1 – Exchange Visitor’s visas for scholars, medical residents, professors and researchers, specialist, job trainees, and others
  • R-1 – Religious workers both ordained and non-ordained
  • O-1 – Extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, athletics, education, or business
  • P-1/P-3 – For athletes, artists, and entertainers


  • Family Based Petitions
  • Adjustment of Status


  • Removal Proceedings
  • Immigration Bond
  • DOL Audits
  • Provisional Waivers
  • Dream Act

Need Help?

We are here to help you Any Immigration Questions

US citizenship and immigration services

We are Committed To Help Our Clients

We represent you in all these matters in all 50 States around the USA. We are here to help you Any Immigration Questions

Houston Office : 231 Bella Katy Dr.Katy, TX 77494

TEL: (281) 870-1300

NY Office 70-20 Austin Suite # 101 Forest Hills, NYC NY 11375

TEL: (718) 487- 3100